Sunday, August 7, 2011

UGPA4 - Ultrapar

Another excellent company I always thought was over valuated is Ultrapar. But looking at cash flow you can see that in 2010 it earned "only" 765 mi, but have charged 530 in depreciation and another 135 mi in deferred taxes. So it created about 1,4 bi in cash! That is 26% over equity.
Ultrapar also invests a lot, but reading the report I believe (although I don't know how much) most of that investments are directed to growth.
That's another example of an excellent company that I had misunderstood, until I looked to its cash flow.
Now I think that I full understand this maximum: CASH IS KING!

Under no circumstances does any article or opinion posted on this blog represents any kind of advice, suggestion or recommendation to buy or sell any security. We also do not guarantee the accuracy of any information contained in any posting on this blog.

Related Posts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage your feedback and we will take your comments into serious consideration. However, you must be warned that any comment that does not follow the blog philosophy (Value Investing and Behavioural Finance) will be promptly removed.