Wednesday, April 27, 2011

RDCD3 - Redecard

Main numbers for 1Q11 Redecard results (growths 1Q11 x 1Q10):

Transactions with debit and credit cards: 30%
Revenue: <1%
Cost of Services and Operating Expenses: >40%
Earnings: -20%

So it's clear that competition increased when market was opened. And there are new players coming.
Considering that from now then on growth will equal margins drop, RDCD would have a P/E of 15.000 / (4 x 280) = 13.
Still a nice valuation, but I'm not sure if my premise is reasonable.

Under no circumstances does any article or opinion posted on this blog represents any kind of advice, suggestion or recommendation to buy or sell any security. We also do not guarantee the accuracy of any information contained in any posting on this blog.

Related Posts

9 comments:

cessna said...

What worries me more is the 6.7% increase in the cost of services from 4Q10 to the 1Q11.
Another problem is the drop in the ratio of prepayments from 25% to 20% in one year.
The mdr in the credit payments continued to drop in 1Q11.
The good news: increase in the mdr in debit payments compared with 4Q10.

I hope CIELO will show better results, with less increase in costs and with some growth in prepayments.

cessna said...

I think there's a strong sazonality in Redecard's earnings, the last quarter being the stronger.

sid said...

Yeah, it's seasonal, but RDCD hadn't had a quarterly earnings below 300 mi since middle 2008.

cessna said...

I hope the adjustment comes to an end in 2011, with the earnings resuming growth in 2012 or earlier. The worst is the jump in the cost of services. I thought it would stabilize at 4Q10 level, so the 6.7% increase em 1Q11 was a negative surprise. I'll watch the earnings presentation to figure out the trends for the rest of the year.

cessna said...

RDCD3 is soaring more than 4% now. I think Mr.Market read other report that we didn't find. We read the gray paper, and I think he read the ink one.

sid said...

I really can't understand what Mr. Market saw. Or if it even tried to saw anything...

sid said...

It's unbelievable! I can see no reason to RDCD3 soar 6% after results announcements.

sid said...

Now I can understand: it was just the Mr Market craziness. RDCD3 fell almost 5% one day after soar 6%.

cessna said...

I told the adjustment period would go until 4q2011!

Post a Comment

We encourage your feedback and we will take your comments into serious consideration. However, you must be warned that any comment that does not follow the blog philosophy (Value Investing and Behavioural Finance) will be promptly removed.