Thursday, September 1, 2011

MAGG3 - Magnesita

I'll just post some notes about Magnesita I found searching on the net so far:
  • I compared RHI numbers, the world market leader in the development, production and service of refractory materials, to Magnesita ones (RHI numbers were converted to BRL):
  • The company announced investments of R$ 300 million in two projects for vertical integration into raw materials, aiming to reach 90% of vertically.
  • It's trying to implement CCP model to price it's products. I didn't get that right.
  • MAGG is charging about 100 millions in depreciation per year, so CFO is much higher than published earnings.
  • FAMA has a nice share of the company.

Under no circumstances does any article or opinion posted on this blog represents any kind of advice, suggestion or recommendation to buy or sell any security. We also do not guarantee the accuracy of any information contained in any posting on this blog.

Related Posts

5 comments:

cessna said...

Why is the ROE so poor?

cessna said...

I think I found why the ROE is so poor: 2B of intangibles in the balance sheet. I think it came with the aquisition they made in 2008.

sid said...

But I think that this amount paid for LWB should count when calculating return on capital: they could have distributed (dividends), invested other way...
But they chose to buy LWB and that's the return they got.
I only think that published earnings is far less than FCO.

cessna said...

There's a lot of "non-cash" costs in the cash flow Statement. I usually don't sum that up. In this case it's interests and monetary/exchange rate variations. They don't segregate the interests from the exchange rate variations, so I would not add that value to calculate the CFO.

cessna said...

http://www.valor.com.br/empresas/1003886/magnesita-vai-ampliar-fabrica-nos-estados-unidos

Post a Comment

We encourage your feedback and we will take your comments into serious consideration. However, you must be warned that any comment that does not follow the blog philosophy (Value Investing and Behavioural Finance) will be promptly removed.